The Theme Designer Backstage view allows you to manage your themes— creating, saving, importing, exporting, upgrading, and settings options.
Get Started tab
The Get Started view allows you to perform the following tasks:
- Create a new theme (see Creating a New Theme);
- Open an existing theme;
- Import colors from a theme created in WPF Theme Editor.
The New view allows you to create a new theme with the following options:
- theme name - a new theme's name;
- theme location - a folder on your PC where a new theme is stored;
- base theme - a theme which is used as the base for a new one. There are two theme categories: Color Themes (contain a palette) and Classic Themes (without a palette).
- target version - the DevExpress Controls version for which the new theme is created.
The Open view allows you to open an existing theme and displays a list of recently opened files.
The Import view allows you to import colors from custom themes created in the WPF Theme Editor. See Importing Themes in the WPF Theme Designer for more details.
The Export view allows you to export the current theme as a Visual Studio Solution (.sln). Refer to Building and Exporting New Themes for more inofrmation.
The Settings view allows you to specify the following settings:
- custom location paths to the DXperience sources and binaries;
- join the Customer Experience Program (optional). When you join, your PC automatically transmits information to DevExpress about Theme Designer usage. This information is used to address possible issues within DevExpress products and improve quality and usability.
The WPF Theme Designer detects DevExpress WPF Controls' versions and displays them in the available versions list. If you need to use the binaries and sources from a custom location, click "+" button and specify the custom DevExpress version's name, binaries installation path and source path fields. To remove a version, click the "-" button.