The Bootstrap Upload Control is a tool which can be used in a web application for saving client files to the server via the browser. It offers a number of advanced features such as uploading files via AJAX callbacks, built-in validation of the uploaded file against the specified criteria (for instance, the file's size, extension and mime types), an enhanced client-side API and others.
The Upload Control provides the following features:
- Upload of the specified client file is initiated automatically on the last postback.
- File upload initiated by the Upload button or the Upload client method is performed using the AJAX callback technology, which improves the web application's performance.
- The uploaded file can be automatically validated on the server, based upon a number of settings defined via the ValidationSettings method. If the validation fails, a descriptive error message is displayed within the Upload Control's error form, informing an end-user about the reason for the error.
- Efficient facilities are provided to access the uploaded file's content and save the file to a specific location on the server. Assigning a random file name to the uploaded file is allowed, to prevent overwriting the existing file.
- The client-side API allows you to initiate the file upload to the server, operate the control's visibility on the client and obtain information about text within the edit box.
- You can use client-side events to perform custom actions when file upload is initiated, completed, and when end-users add, delete or edit text within the control's edit box.
- The Progress panel displays upload progress in real-time. A specific Cancel button can be used to stop uploading.