DevExpress Reporting Installer
- 3 minutes to read
Reporting is included in different DevExpress subscriptions. This topic details how to install the Reporting components based on the subscription you own.
Subscriptions that Include Reporting Components
Available only at runtime*
Available only at runtime*
* In the Reporting subscription, you can use WPF, ASP, and DevExtreme controls and widgets to customize the appearance and behavior of Reporting components. You can also customize WinForms Reporting components in your application code, but you can use them in Visual Studio at design time only with the purchased WinForms subscription.
See the Visual Studio Products comparison matrix for more information.
Use a Free Trial
You can download a free trial of DevExpress Reporting from the following link:
Licensing and Pricing Information
See the following pages on our website for DevExpress Reporting licensing and pricing information:
Use the DevExpress Installer
Run the Installer and select the products to install. Check the items that are available according to your subscription.
The installed components include Reporting components and other controls for the chosen platform. Choose the trial Reporting item to try using Reporting components for other platforms.
The installed components include Reporting controls for all platforms. You can choose trial platform-specific items to try out entire control suites.
Use NuGet Packages
You can use the DevExpress NuGet packages to add DevExpress libraries to your application in Visual Studio. DevExpress publishes these packages on a private NuGet web server to help you add and update DevExpress references in your projects.
Refer to the Install DevExpress Controls Using NuGet Packages article for information on how to use DevExpress NuGet packages in Visual Studio.
DevExpress Reporting includes the following NuGet packages:
Contains DevExpress Reporting features.
Includes WinForms controls for the DevExpress Report Designer and Document Viewer.
DevExpress.Wpf.Reporting Includes WPF controls for the DevExpress Report Designer and Document Viewer.
DevExpress.Web.Reporting.Common Contains cross-platform components for DevExpress Web Reporting.
Includes ASP.NET Web Forms controls for the DevExpress Report Designer and Document Viewer.
Contains services for web reporting applications in Microsoft Azure.
Implements the ASP.NET Core controls for DevExpress Report Designer and Document Viewer.
Implements code completion for DevExpress End-User Report Designers.
Includes the Blazor Report Viewer component.
DevExpress NuGet packages have the following requirements:
- The DevExpress NuGet feed is only available to DevExpress customers. Refer to the Install DevExpress Controls Using NuGet Packages topic for more information.
- You should create a new package source for the DevExpress NuGet feed, as described in the following article: Managing packages for the solution.
- Design-time assemblies are not included. You cannot use the Add | New Item menu item to add a report to a project.
- DevExpress controls that reference NuGet packages are not available from the Toolbox.
- When you update NuGet packages, you should also update the installation to ensure that Project Templates and Visual Studio Report Designer continue to work with the updated packages.