Web Reporting Application Security
Review the following documents for information on best practices developers should follow to ensure application security:
- ASP.NET WebForms Security Best Practices
- ASP.NET MVC Security Best Practices
- ASP.NET Core Reporting - Best Practices - Appliction Security
Ensure Security in Web Reporting Applications
- General Security Considerations
- Authorized Access to Reports and Documents in a Web Reporting Application
- Data Access Security
- Multi-Tenant Support (Row Filtering in Shared SQL Database)
- Custom SQL Query in Report Designer
- Custom SQL Query Validation
Although this section primarily applies to Report Designer components, applications that use Print Preview may also be exposed to various security risks.
Review the following topic for information on security issues related to report storage and distribution: Reporting Security.