Formatting Cell Values
The Tree List gives you the ability to format column values in display mode (when in-place editors are not active). This topic lists which members can be used to format values, provides links to the documents that describe the formatting mechanism and gives you some examples.
To format cell values in edit mode, you should use masks for the treelist's in-place editors. Each in-place editor provides a RepositoryItemTextEdit.Mask property which can be customized to provide an appropriate format pattern for entering values. See the Input Mask document for more information.
- Formatting Approaches
- Members that Support the Formatting Mechanism
- Format Specifiers
- Composite Formatting
- Custom Formatting
- How to: Format a Column's Numeric Values as Currency
- How to: Format Date-Time Values Using the LongDate Pattern
- How to: Format Date-Time Values Using a Custom Format Pattern
- How to: Format a Numeric Value according to its Sign
- How to: Add Custom Text to a Formatted String
- How to: Create a Custom Formatter to Change the Case of String Values
- How to: Create a Custom Formatter to Represent Decimal Values in Binary