- 3 minutes to read
The WPF Data Grid (GridControl) is a data-aware control designed to display and edit data in different layouts: tabular, treelike, and card. The GridControl allows users to manage large amounts of data (sort, group, filter, and so on).
- Lesson 1 - Add a GridControl to a Project
- Lesson 2 - Display and Edit Data
- Lesson 3 - Post Changes to a Database
- Lesson 4 - Manage Data
- Lesson 5 - Display Summaries
Bind to Data
To display data within the GridControl, bind it to a data source.
- Simplified Data Binding
- Binding to ICollectionView
- Binding to any Data Source with Virtual Sources
- Server Mode
- Instant Feedback UI Mode
- Unbound Columns
- Table View - displays data in a two-dimensional table.
- Card View - displays data as cards. Each card arranges fields vertically in a single column.
- TreeList View - displays data in a tree. Each data record is represented as a tree node.
Views provide options that allow you to specify how to arrange records and fields.
The GridControl allows you to:
- Add and Remove Rows
- Use In-place Editors to edit cell data.
- Enable Edit Forms for better user experience in edit mode.
- Edit Data in Code
- Validate Input
Filter and Search Data
The GridControl supports the following ways to filter and search data:
- Column Drop-Down Filters
- Filter Editor
- Filter Elements
- Automatic Filter Row
- Filter Panel
- Filtering in Code
- Search Panel
The GridControl allows you to display Data Summaries for individual columns or groups of rows. The control ships with a number of built-in functions, such as Sum, Maximum Value, Record Count, and others. You can also implement a custom aggregation function.
The GridControl allows you to select rows, cells, or their ranges.
The GridControl supports native drag-and-drop that allows users to:
- Drag and drop records within all view types (Table View, TreeList View, Card View).
- Drag and drop records within Master-Detail Views.
- Drag and drop records between the GridControl and external controls (both DevExpress WPF Controls and Standard WPF Controls).
- Drag and drop records to and from external applications.
The GridControl allows you to change the data layout, appearance, and visual presentation of elements (for example, cells, rows, summaries, etc.).
Print and Export
Extended design-time support allow you to configure the GridControl.