.NET Core Support
- 2 minutes to read
The table below shows the versions of DevExpress WPF Controls that support .NET Core.
|DevExpress Version||.NET Core 3.0||.NET Core 3.1 (LTS)||.NET 5.0|
Prerequisites to build .NET Core applications:
- .NET/.NET Core
- Visual Studio 2019 v16.6+ (includes support for .NET 5.0)
- Visual Studio 2019 v16.4+ (includes support for .NET Core 3.1)
- Visual Studio 2019 v16.3 (includes support for .NET Core 3.0)
The Getting Started topic explains how to start using DevExpress WPF UI controls in a .NET Core WPF application.
Migrate an Existing Application to .NET Core
The Migrate WPF Applications to .NET Core topic describes how to migrate an existing WPF Application to .NET Core 3.
The Deploy .NET Core Applications topic describes how to deploy your .NET Core WPF application.
DevExpress WPF controls have the following limitations:
- The ApplicationJumpListService is not available.
- The Theme Designer builds theme assemblies that target the .NET Framework only.
The following Visual Studio design-time features are not supported:
Create Custom Themes for .NET Core Applications with the Theme Designer
- Install DevExpress WPF Controls for the .NET Framework.
- Build and publish your custom theme that targets the .NET Framework in the Theme Designer.
- Reference the resulting assembly in .NET Core projects.
Theme projects contain XAML resources and no C# or VB code, and there are no conflicts between the .NET Framework and .NET 5.