- 2 minutes to read
The ASPxSpellChecker provides you a straightforward way in which to add Microsoft® Office® style spell checking capabilities into your next ASP.NET application, and offers you built in suggestion forms that replicate corresponding forms found in Microsoft Outlook®. Because these forms were built using our controls and editors, they will seamlessly integrate into any application powered by DevExpress components.
The ASPxSpellChecker takes full advantage of the ASP.NET framework and ships with full source code. Its features include:
- Built-in support for ISpell, OpenOffice and Hunspell dictionaries.
- AJAX callbacks are used for operations that require communication with the server. These operations include showing a dialog with spelling suggestions, and updating a dictionary with custom words.
- Plain text format custom dictionary support.
- Dictionary dialogs allow end-users to add unrecognized words to a dictionary. As one would expect from this type of control, end-users can build a custom word list as their needs dictate.
- A Microsoft Office style error indication dialog.
- Pre-built Options editor.
- Spell checker options allow you to ignore emails, URLs, text within tags (angle and square brackets), mixed case/upper-case words, and words with numbers within them.
- The ASPxSpellChecker‘s API includes methods to check the element’s contents or the text contents of each editor located in a container element.
- You can handle specially designed events to fully manage the spell checking process - including suppression of built-in forms, modification of suggestion lists, skipped words, manual error processing, etc.