The Main Menu allows you to perform common tasks, such as creating, opening, building and saving themes, customizing Theme Editor settings, etc.
The File menu contains the following items.
- New - invokes the New Theme dialog that allows you to create a new theme by cloning a predefined one. To learn more, see Creating and Opening Themes.
- Open - opens a theme for editing. To learn more, see Creating and Opening Themes.
- Upgrade Theme - upgrades the current theme to keep it compatible with the latest DXperience version. To learn more, see Theme Upgrade.
- Save All - saves all modified files.
- Close - closes the currently open theme.
- Create Color Scheme - creates a color scheme file with default colors for the currently open theme. To learn more, see Color Schemes.
- Open Color Scheme - opens a color scheme file.
- Revert to Backup - rolls back the color scheme to a backup version.
- Recent - a list of recently opened files (themes and color schemes). Select a file path from that list to reopen that file.
- Settings - invokes the Settings dialog. For details, see Theme Editor Settings.
- Exit - closes the Theme Editor.
The View menu contains the following items.
- Preview - opens a specially designed complex layout painted with the currently edited theme. Use it to preview the theme applied to multiple controls. To learn more, see Editing Themes.
- Reset Window Layout - resets the position and size of Theme Editor panels to default values.
The Build menu contains the following items.
- Build Theme - builds the current theme.
- Clean Solution - removes all temporary files from the solution directory.
Look and Feel
The Look and Feel menu allows you to select a theme that should be used to paint the Theme Editor.
The Help menu contains the following items.
- Help - opens the Theme Editor documentation.
- About - invokes the About window.