Each dashboard item has a caption that is displayed at the top of this item. The caption contains static text and command buttons.
The dashboard item caption contains the following information and buttons:
Dashboard Item Name - the DashboardItem.Name property value.
Drill-Down value - displays a value or values from the current drill-down hierarchy. For more information refer to the Manage Interactivity Capabilities topic.
Export to button - allows you to print or export a dashboard item. To learn how to print individual dashboard items, see the Printing and Exporting topic.
Values button - invokes a drop-down menu that allows you to switch the data layer. The button can be shown for the PieDashboardItem, CardDashboardItem, GaugeDashboardItem and MapDashboardItem. For more information, refer to the Providing Data topic in the particular dashboard item section of the Designing Dashboard Items chapter.
- Clear Master Filter button - allows you to reset filtering when a dashboard item acts as the Master Filter. For more information, refer to the Providing Data topic in the particular dashboard item section of the Designing Dashboard Items chapter.
- Drill Up button - allows you to return to the previous detail level when the drill-down capability is enabled for this item. To learn more, see the Drill-Down topic in the Interactivity section for the corresponding dashboard item.
- Clear Selection button - allows you to clear the selection inside an item.
- Initial Extent button - restores the map default size and position in the MapDashboardItem.
- Select Date Time Periods button / menu - allows you to select date-time periods for the RangeFilterDashboardItem.
- Maximize button - expands any dashboard item into the whole dashboard size to examine data in greater detail. Refer to Manage Dashboard Layout topic for more information.
- Restore button - restores the expanded item to its initial state. Refer to Manage Dashboard Layout topic for more information.
- Custom buttons - you can create custom command buttons and drop-down menus. To accomplish this, create a custom template and assign it to the DashboardLayoutItem.CaptionCustomizationsTemplate or DashboardLayoutItem.ContextMenuCustomizationsTemplate property, respectively. To apply a custom template to a specific dashboard item type, use corresponding properties of the related dashboard layout item, as described in the Styles and Templates document. Note that custom buttons cannot be saved in XML dashboard definition files.