- 2 min to read
The BootstrapTabControl provides a visual interface for creating custom tabbed layouts. The Tab Control provides only navigation means and requires manually updating specific content to reflect a selected tab's changes.
The Bootstrap Tab Control offers you an extremely flexible means to control end-user interaction. Numerous server-side settings, client-side API and events allow you to take full control over how your tab control responds to user actions. You have complete control over what user action activates a tab, and whether there should be a postback, callback or client processing. Note that the most frequently used scenarios are already built-in - you just need to toggle a property.
This topic lists the features that are unique to the Tab Control.
- Templates can be specified for tabs in both active and inactive states, and for each tab individually.
- A tab control supports two ways to activate a tab - by clicking it or by hovering over it with the mouse pointer.
- Client-side events allow you to perform custom actions when an end-user clicks on a tab. If you use AJAX functionality, you will need these events to indicate that a callback is in progress.
- You can use the client-side API to activate tabs and obtain tab information.
- A convenient tab collection design-time editor is available.
- Customizable tab spacing.
- Tab position and alignment can be changed to display tabs at any edge and corner of the Tab Control.
- You can specify tooltips for tabs.