- 2 minutes to read
BootstrapTreeView is an easy and useful navigation control that allows you to represent hierarchical structure data as a tree.
With Bootstrap Tree View, you can manually create a tree or easily populate it with data by binding to hierarchical data sources, including XmlDataSource and SiteMapDataSource. You can also operate in Virtual Mode to efficiently use your server resources when working with complex or dynamically created hierarchies.
The Tree View control is highly customizable: you can change the appearance of almost any visual elements. With integrated template technology, you can easily transform nodes into anything you can imagine.
This topic lists the main features of the Tree View control.
- Tree View can be populated with node information taken from a data source containing hierarchical data, including SiteMapDataSource and XmlDataSource.
- Tree View can operate in Virtual Mode, which greatly reduces both the server load and start-up time when working with complex or dynamically created hierarchies.
- Templates can be specified for two element types: node text content and the entire node content. You can apply templates for all identical elements within Tree View (using control level templates) or for a particular element (using node level templates).
You can enable AJAX support by setting the ASPxTreeList.EnableCallbacks property to true. In this case, Tree View initially loads only the content of expanded nodes onto the client. When end-users expand nodes, their content is loaded via callbacks. Once a node’s content has been loaded, end-users can switch to this node on the client-side without callbacks or postbacks.
- Client-side events allow you to respond to node clicks, the changing nodes checked state, and perform custom actions before and after nodes are expanded and collapsed.
- You can use our client-side API to expand and collapse nodes, find nodes, obtain and change node state information, and also get and change the selected node.
- An easy-to-use design-time nodes editor is available.
- You can prevent your end-users from expanding/collapsing individual nodes.
- Tooltips can be assigned to individual nodes.