A form layout management control.
public class ASPxFormLayout : ASPxDataWebControl, IControlDesigner
Public Class ASPxFormLayout Inherits ASPxDataWebControl Implements IControlDesigner
TheASPxFormLayout control is visually represented by a root group that can display other layout items, groups and tabbed groups.
The ASPxFormLayout control supports the following layout item types:
- EmptyLayoutItem - represents a layout item that has no caption or nested control;
- LayoutItem - represents a layout item that can display a nested control;
- LayoutGroup - represents a group that can display other items, groups and tabbed groups;
- TabbedLayoutGroup - represents a tabbed group that can display layout items as tabs.
To access the layout items that are displayed within the ASPxFormLayout control use the ASPxFormLayout.Items collection.
The input fields within the layout items can be marked as required or optional.
- The control's client-side equivalent is represented by the ASPxClientFormLayout object.
- On the client side, the client object can be accessed directly by the name specified via the ASPxFormLayout.ClientInstanceName property.
- The available client events can be accessed by using the ASPxFormLayout.ClientSideEvents property.
The control's client-side API is enabled if the ASPxFormLayout.ClientInstanceName property is defined or any client event is handled.