- 2 minutes to read
The DevExpress .NET Products Installer installs demos for each product. Demos are divided into two types: Sample Applications (real-world applications built using DevExpress products) and Technical Demos (which highlight a product's primary features). These demos provide an overview of each product's features, as well as implementation examples.
DevExpress Office File API demos are in the Reporting, Analytics & More section.
The Office File API demo is divided into WinForms, ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC.
Launch the Demo Center
There are three ways to run the DevExpress Demo Center:
- Click the "Demo Center 18.2" shortcut in Windows Start Menu.
- In Visual Studio, select "DEVEXPRESS | Run Demo Center 18.2.4" in the Visual Studio DevExpress menu.
- Open the DevExpress product installation folder and run the Demo Center manually. The default path is C:\Users\Public\Documents\DevExpress Demos 18.2\Components\Components\Bin\DevExpress.DemoCenter.v18.2.exe".
Find the Source Code
Each demo ships with C# and VB.NET source code (ASP MVC demo ships only in C#), which describes how to solve real-world tasks using DevExpress products. Use one of the following approaches to review the required demo code:
- Click C# Solution | VB Solution for a desired platform to inspect the source code of its demo modules (see the image above).
- Open the demo solution manually. The default demo source directory is C:\Users\Public\Documents\DevExpress Demos 18.2\Components\Office File API\.... You can also access this folder by invoking the Windows Start Menu and clicking "All Programs" | "DevExpress 18.2" | "Demo Source Code".
You can also launch ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC demos from the Office File API Website Page. Click Online Demos to open the Office File API Demos section.