Silent Install Mode
- 3 minutes to read
This topic describes how to run the DevExpress Unified Component Installer in silent mode (as a console application).
When you pass the /Q command line switch, the installer does not display its GUI. You can use the following syntax to specify installer parameters (for example, your DevExpress account credentials, installation path).
DevExpressNETComponents-23.1.6.exe /Q [-U] [-R] [/DEBUG] [/EMAIL] [/PASSWORD] [/INSTALLPATH] [/EULA] [p1 p2..pN]
Run the installer, enter your account credentials and accept the EULA:
DevExpressNETProducts-23.1.6.exe /Q /EMAIL:email@example.com /PASSWORD:MyPassword /EULA:accept
Repair the current installation:
DevExpressNETProducts-23.1.6.exe /Q -U
- Run in silent mode. If this is a single parameter, the installer repairs the current installation.
- Indicates that you accept the End User License Agreement (required to proceed with installation).
- Repair the existing installation.
- Uninstall the existing installation.
Extract DevExpress assemblies and source files to a folder specified in the
/INSTALLPATH:<path>parameter without installation.
- Create the installation log file (setup_trace.log) in the current directory.
- Specifies the email address you use to log-in to the DevExpress account.
- Specifies your DevExpress account password (case sensitive).
- Overrides the default installation path (C:\Program Files\DevExpress 23.1\Components).
To install specific products, pass their names as extra parameters separated by the space symbol. For example, to install WinForms controls only, use the following command:
DevExpressNETProducts-23.1.6.exe /Q /EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org /PASSWORD:MyPassword /EULA:accept "Windows Forms"
You can write “Windows Forms:True”, “Windows Forms:Yes” or “Windows Forms:1” to install specific products; and “Windows Forms:False”, “Windows Forms:No”, “Windows Forms:0” to exclude products.
Below is a full list of products that you can include or exclude.
- “ASP.NET” - ASP.NET Controls and MVC Extensions
- “Windows Forms” - WinForms Controls
- “WPF Components” - WPF Controls
- “Blazor Components” - Blazor Components
- “eXpressAppFramework” - XAF
- “UWP” - Windows 10 App Controls
- “Dashboard” - Dashboard
- “Docs” - Office File API
- “XtraReports” - Reporting
- “Demos” - Demo applications
- “Source Code” - DevExpress source code
When you install multi-platform products (for example, XtraReports), the installer automatically selects and installs the required dependencies.
The installer application returns the following exit codes.
|1||Common installation error. Check the log file located in the installation folder (the default installation path is C:\Program Files\DevExpress 23.1\Components).|
|2||This code is not used.|
|3||No license for the selected product.|
|4||No access to the web service that validates the email and password. Check your internet connection or run the installer later.|
|5||EULA was not accepted. Specify the /EULA:accept parameter.|
|6||The installation file is broken. Please download it again.|
|7||The current OS and .NET framework versions are not supported.|
|8||Invalid DevExpress.com email or password is specified.|
|9||The specified DevExpress.com account is disabled.|
|10||Common errors with the account.|
|11||All licenses that the specified DevExpress.com account holds have been assigned to other accounts.|
|12||A license has been revoked from the specified DevExpress.com account.|