Dashboard Item Group
- 3 minutes to read
- To combine dashboard items within the dashboard into a separate layout group.
- Manage interaction between dashboard items within and outside the group.
Create a Group in UI
To create a new group, use the Group button (the icon) in the Toolbox.
You can combine dashboard items into a group in several ways.
- Create a new dashboard item using the buttons inside a group.
- Drag a new item from the Toolbox and drop it to the tab page.
- Move the existing items into a group using drag-and-drop.
A dashboard item group cannot be added to another group.
The dashboard item group provides the capability to manage interaction between dashboard items within and outside the group.
The image below shows a group's default interactivity settings:
The Master Filter button controls whether the current group allows you to filter dashboard items outside the group using master filter items contained within the group. By default, this option is disabled: master filter items in the group can filter only dashboard items from this group.
The Ignore Master Filters button allows you to isolate dashboard items contained within the group from external master filter items. By default, this option is enabled: external master filter items cannot filter the dashboard items contained within the group.
To access interactivity settings for the dashboard item group in code, use the GroupItem.interactivityOptions property. This property returns the DashboardItemGroupInteractivityOptions object that exposes the following members:
Gets or sets whether the current dashboard item ignores filtering applied by master filters.
Create a Group in Code
Follow the steps below to create a tab container in code:
- Create a GroupItem class instance.
- Add the created group to the Dashboard.items collection.
- Rebuild the current dashboard's layout using the Dashboard.rebuildLayout property.
The following code sample shows how to add an empty group:
var groupItem1 = new DevExpress.Dashboard.Model.GroupItem(); dashboardControl.dashboard().groups.push(groupItem1); dashboardControl.dashboard().rebuildLayout();