- 2 minutes to read
The Memo control allows end users to input text in multiple lines.
Automatic Scroll Bar Activation
The Memo control automatically shows a vertical scroll bar if the content does not fit the editor’s size.
Null Prompt Text
The Memo control allows you to display prompt text if the editor is empty and not focused. The prompt text disappears when the editor is focused.
You can render ASPxMemo as a native HTML element (textarea). This reduces the amount of generated HTML code and improves the editor’s performance. In native mode, the memo’s appearance depends on how the client browser renders native HTML elements.
The Memo control allows you to validate its data on the client and server sides, and display descriptive error messages.
- How to create custom TabKeyPressed handler in ASPxMemo
- ASPxMemo - How to avoid losing focus and insert tab as text symbol on tab key press
- How to check spelling of the ASPxMemo control’s content
- ASPxMemo - How to limit the number of lines and the number of characters per line
- How to implement the “characters remaining” functionality for ASPxTextBox and ASPxMemo using MaxLength
- ASPxMemo - How to limit the text length in the ASPxMemo using the HTML5 maxLength attribute