Displays data from a data source in various formats (Views): Tabular, Banded Tabular, Cards, Windows UI-inspired Tiles and MS Windows Explorer-inspired UI.
[Docking(DockingBehavior.Ask)] [ToolboxBitmap(typeof(ToolboxIconsRootNS), "GridControl")] public class GridControl : EditorContainer, IScrollBarAnnotationsOwner<ScrollAnnotationKind>, IScrollBarOwner, IPrintableEx, IPrintable, IBasePrintable, IPrintHeaderFooter, IDirectXClient, INavigatableControl, IToolTipControlClient, ISupportLookAndFeel, IDXManagerPopupMenu, IViewController, IFilteredComponent, IFilteredComponentBase, IBoundControl, ISupportXtraSerializer, IGestureClient, IGuideDescription, ISearchControlColumnsClient, ISearchControlClient, ILogicalOwner
<Docking(DockingBehavior.Ask)> <ToolboxBitmap(GetType(ToolboxIconsRootNS), "GridControl")> Public Class GridControl Inherits EditorContainer Implements IScrollBarAnnotationsOwner(Of ScrollAnnotationKind), IScrollBarOwner, IPrintableEx, IPrintable, IBasePrintable, IPrintHeaderFooter, IDirectXClient, INavigatableControl, IToolTipControlClient, ISupportLookAndFeel, IDXManagerPopupMenu, IViewController, IFilteredComponent, IFilteredComponentBase, IBoundControl, ISupportXtraSerializer, IGestureClient, IGuideDescription, ISearchControlColumnsClient, ISearchControlClient, ILogicalOwner
Related API Members
The following members accept/return GridControl objects:
|Library||Related API Members|
The Data Grid is a container of Views, which display data from a bound list/table/collection in a specific format. If you bind the grid to a simple list/table/collection, a single View is required to present this data. To choose the data presentation format, set the GridControl.MainView property to any of the following objects:
- GridView - Displays data in a tabular form.
- BandedGridView - Displays data in a tabular form and allows grouping of columns into bands.
- AdvBandedGridView - Displays data in a tabular form, allows grouping columns into bands and supports complex data cell arrangements.
- CardView - Presents data records as cards, arranged down and then across. Card fields are always arranged in a single column.
- LayoutView - Presents records as cards, which can be displayed in one or multiple columns, one or multiple rows, in an ellipse (carousel mode) or a single card at a time. Supports complex card field layouts, built-in groups, tabbed groups and labels.
- TileView - Displays records as read-only tiles, using one of the following layout modes: default (one or multiple columns/rows), list (without spaces between records) and Kanban. This View provides the advanced field positioning feature, which helps you arrange fields relative to other fields, specify absolute or relative field display bounds, etc.
- WinExplorerView - Displays records using one of seven styles supported by MS Windows Explorer - Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, List, Tiles and Content.
If you bind the grid to a table with master-detail relationships, the View you assign to the GridControl.MainView property presents data from the master table, while the detail Views, which you can specify with the GridControl.LevelTree collection, present data from the child tables.
The following are main properties the Data Grid provides:
- GridControl.DataSource and GridControl.DataMember - Use these properties to bind the control to a data source.
- GridControl.MainView - Allows you to specify the View to present the top-level list/table/collection in the bound data source.
- GridControl.LevelTree - Allows you to associate master-detail relationships with Views.
- GridControl.Views - The collection of currently existing Views (main and detail Views) that are currently displayed onscreen.
- GridControl.UseEmbeddedNavigator - Allows you to enable the embedded record navigator.
See the following topics to learn more: