Drag and Drop
- 2 minutes to read
Users can drag an appointment to move it to another time slot or resource. The Scheduler provides events that allow you to customize this behavior and implement drag-drop to and from an external source.
If the user drops an appointment in the all-day area and then back to the regular area, the initial duration is not restored. It's set to a single time slot instead.
The following events allow you to customize the drag-drop behavior.
- SchedulerControl.AppointmentDragStarting - Raised when the user starts dragging the selected appointment(s).
- SchedulerControl.SerializeAppointments - Occurs within the AppointmentDragStarting event and allows you to serialize appointment that are being dragged by the user.
- SchedulerControl.DeserializeAppointments - Occurs when the user drags appointments from an external source and allows you to deserialize the drag data.
- SchedulerControl.AppointmentDragEnter - Occurs when the user drags back appointments that have been dragged out of the Scheduler or have been deserialized in the DeserializeAppointments event.
- SchedulerControl.AppointmentDragOver - Fired repeatedly while the user drags appointments in the Scheduler control.
- SchedulerControl.AppointmentDragLeave - Occurs when the user drags appointments out of the Scheduler's bounds.
- SchedulerControl.AppointmentDrop - Occurs when the user drops appointments within a Scheduler's view.
- SchedulerControl.AppointmentDropCompleted - Occurs after completing a drag and drop operation.