Zip Compression and Archive API
- 1 min to read
A Zip Compression and Archive API is designed for data compression and archive generation. It implements Deflate data compression algorithm and creates zip archives compatible with PKWARE specification 2.0. In addition, the DevExpress Zip Compression and Archive API supports AES encryption up to 256 bit. The maximum size of uncompressed data for a single file is 4 GB (32-bit number maximum value).
You require a license to the DevExpress Office File API or DevExpress Universal Subscription to use this component or library in production code. Refer to the DevExpress Subscription page for pricing information.
- Create new zip files or update existing zip files on disk or in memory
- Zip or unzip to and from disks or memory
- Compress and decompress .NET streams and byte arrays.
- Zip file password encryption with support for AES (128, 192, and 256 bit encryption)
- Allow different encryption passwords for each file
- Set individual file comments
- Allow file overwrite on a per file basis
- Programmatically filter files to process
- Progress tracking mechanism that allows you to cancel archive operations
- Comprehensive API that enables you to control each archive item and all actions
- Object model designed for easy extensibility