- 4 minutes to read
- Binding to Data - VerticalGrid can be easily populated with data by binding to any standard data source type.
- Binding to Large Data (Database Server Mode) - Has been designed to work with large datasets (consisting of 50,000 records and even more). Bound data is not loaded into memory in its entirety. Instead, the VerticalGrid loads data in small portions on demand. When the grid starts, it loads and displays the first portion of data from the data store. Then, as an end-user scrolls the grid, when the last record of the loaded subset is reached, the grid requests the data store to return a subsequent data portion. (See demo: Data Binding to Large Database)
- Unbound Rows - It is possible to combine bound and unbound data modes. Just add unbound rows and supply their data manually.
- Data Editors (text box, check editor, date editor, etc.) can be used as in-place editors within VerticalGrid.
- Batch Editing - The VerticalGrid extension allows you to modify a batch of grid data on the client side and send it to the server in a single request.
- Column Validation and Error Indication - VerticalGrid supports automatic or manual validation of edited columns. Error messages can be automatically displayed for invalid fields.
Data Shaping and Manipulation
- Data Sorting - Allows your users to sort the data against an unlimited number of rows, giving them an unprecedented ability to analyze and edit information. (See demo: Sorting Data)
- Filtering Capabilities - The VerticalGrid provides a powerful data filtering mechanism that allows end-users to easily filter columns using different UI elements, such as the integrated search panel, row headers or the built-in Filter Control. (See demos: Search Panel, Header Filterl, Filter Control)
- Category Rows - Allows you to organize grid rows in logical groups (category rows). (See demo: Categories)
- Fixed Row - Allows you to anchor rows to the top edge. When fixed, rows are always displayed, and not scrolled vertically with the grid. (See demo: Fixed Rows)
- Multiple Record Selection - The VerticalGrid supports single and multiple column selection modes. (See demo: Selection)
- Total Summary - Allows you to present statistical information such as MIN, MAX, AVG, SUM, and COUNT calculated over all columns in the VerticalGrid and display that information in the grid itself. Additionally, you can handle summary specific events to implement complex functions with ease. (See demo: Total Summary)
Focus and Navigation
- Built-in Pager - The VerticalGrid automatically splits content across multiple pages and provides a built-in pager that enables end-users to navigate through data. (See demo: Pager Settings)
- Horizontal and Vertical Scrolling - The VerticalGrid allows end-users to display more information in a smaller grid using vertical and horizontal scroll bars. (See demo: Scrolling)
- Appearances - A powerful mechanism to control the entire look and feel of the grid. You can customize the appearance of almost any visual element of the VerticalGrid and even apply them conditionally to reflect certain states, such as errors. In addition, the VerticalGrid ships with a number of predefined themes. These themes allow you to specify its appearance and behavior as your business needs dictate.
- Templates Technology - Templates are fully supported. For each element inside the VerticalGrid, you can completely customize the appearance or layout using any HTML content. (See demos: Data Cell Template)
- Conditional Formatting - With the VerticalGrid, you have a flexible mechanism to control conditional cell formatting. (See demos: Conditional Formatting)
- Full CSS Support - The VerticalGrid's appearance can be customized using CSS classes. This approach is the best choice if you need centralized control over the appearance of several controls or the entire site.
- Cross-Browser Compatibility - Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Apple Safari, etc. The VerticalGrid is cross-browser compatible.
- Rich Client-Side Functionality - A comprehensive client-side API is available for the VerticalGrid. This functionality, which is then coupled with the ability to handle events on the client side, allows you to have full control over the grid's behavior on the client side.
- Client-Side Events - The VerticalGrid exposes a rich set of client-side events. These events are executed on the client side and have been engineered to maximize performance.
- Cookies Support - The VerticalGrid control fully supports cookies, allowing your site's visitors to personalize pages as needed. If cookies are enabled, every possible end-user customization option is saved and then restored in future sessions.
- Export - The VerticalGrid allows you to export its data as a PDF, RTF, CSV, XLS, and XLSX. When the grid exports data in XLS and XLSX formats, the DevExpress Excel Export Engine maintains a data grouping layout and automatically transforms summary items to corresponding Excel functions. (See demo: Exporting to PDF, XLS, XLSX, RTF)
- SEO Support - The VerticalGrid allows you to make its pager SEO-friendly.