- 2 minutes to read
The BootstrapPageControl displays content as a set of tabbed pages. Each page in the Page Control serves as a separate child control container allowing you to associate specific page content with each displayed tab.
The Page Control offers you an extremely flexible means to control end-user interaction. Numerous server-side settings, client-side API and events allow you to take full control over how your tab control responds to user actions. You have complete control over what user action activates a tab, and whether there should be a postback, callback or client processing. Note that the most frequently used scenarios are already built-in - you just need to toggle a property.
This topic lists the features that are unique to the web controls from the Page Contro.
- Templates can be specified for tabs in both active and inactive states, and for each tab individually.
The Page Control can obtain page contents from the server using AJAX requests when an end-user switches tabs. When this feature is enabled, only the content of the active page is sent to the client during the first request.
- Client-side events allow you to perform custom actions when an end-user clicks on a tab, and immediately after the corresponding page has been loaded. If you use AJAX functionality, you will need these events to indicate that a callback is in progress.
- You can use the client-side API to activate tabs, obtain tab information and specify HTML content for pages.
- A convenient tab collection design-time editor is available.
- Customizable tab spacing.
- Tab position and alignment can be changed to display tabs at any edge and corner of the Page Control.
- You can specify tooltips for tabs.