Data Manipulation and Business Logic
In XAF applications, you do not need to query data directly or via an ORM-specific context. Instead, XAF provides you with a convenient and powerful API independent from particular ORM and DBMS specifics – Object Space. Topics in this section familiarize you with the Object Space concepts – they describe how you can manipulate data and implement business logic.
- Object Space
- Create, Read, Update and Delete Data
- Access XAF Application Data in a non-XAF Application
- Add a Simple Action Using an Attribute
- Add an Action that Displays a Pop-Up Window
- Add an Action with Option Selection
- Add a Parametrized Action
- Make a Property Calculable
- Supply Initial Data (EF)
- How to: Calculate a Property Value Based on Values from a Detail Collection
- How to: Initialize Business Objects with Default Property Values in Entity Framework Core
- How to: Initialize Business Objects with Default Property Values in XPO
The following video covers the best ways to access and manipulate data in XAF and how to build highly performant apps.