Shape Data (Legacy Data Bindings)
The tutorials in this section illustrate how to solve various tasks related to shaping report data when using the legacy approach to binding reports to data.
See Data Binding Modes to learn about the difference between the available binding modes.
See Shape Data (Expression Bindings) to learn about alternative approaches to shaping report data.
The following tutorials are available in this section:
- Format Data
- Conditionally Change a Control's Appearance
- Conditionally Change a Label's Text
- Conditionally Filter Report Data
- Conditionally Suppress Controls
- Limit the Number of Records per Page
- Limit the Number of Records per Group
- Conditionally Change a Band's Visibility
- Calculate a Summary
- Calculate a Running Summary
- Calculate a Custom Summary
- Calculate a Weighted Average
- Simulate the Mail Merge Feature for Summary Fields
- Display Row Numbers in a Report, Group or Page
- Count the Number of Records in a Report or Group
- Count the Number of Groups in a Report