- 2 minutes to read
This tutorial section explains how to customize the automatically generated user interface.
Visual elements in your XAF application are based on the data classes you have declared and the information from the assemblies referenced in your application. All the received information is metadata - data that defines database structure and application features in a neutral format that can be adopted to any target platform. This metadata is called the Application Model. It is a powerful tool that allows you to customize your application. For this purpose, use the Model Editor - an instrument for customizing the Application Model at design time.
The following lessons explain how to use the Model Editor to customize your application:
- Place an Action in a Different Location
- Specify Action Settings
- Format a Business Object Caption
- Make a Property Calculable
- Filter Lookup Editor Data Source
- Format a Property Value
- Use a Multiline Editor for String Properties
- Add an Item to the Navigation Control
- Implement Property Value Validation in the Application Model
- Customize the View Items Layout
- Localize UI Elements
- Add an Editor to a Detail View
- Change Field Visibility in a List View
- Filter List Views
- Group List View Data
The Model Editor allows you to customize the Application Model (and, consequently, the application) in many other ways. Refer to the following section to learn more about the Application Model: Application Model.
If the required option is not available in the Model Editor, you can directly access the options of controls used in the application. Review the following topics to learn more: