Document Viewer Limitations
This document lists the limitations of the Document Viewer component in ASP.NET Core applications.
- The ObjectDataSource component cannot obtain the data source schema from referenced assemblies (only directly from the solution's projects).
- Linux-based environments cannot generate 3D Charts that use the OpenGL library.
- Deserialization from CodeDOM format is not supported in .NET Core applications.
- The Visual Studio Report Designer does not display a preview for reports whose data source is based on the Entity Framework.
- The ImageExportOptions.Resolution property does not work in Linux- and Mac-based environments.
- Mac-based environments can not embed fonts in exported PDF files.
- Report inheritance is not supported.