Session.GetObjectsFromQuery<T>(List<XPMemberInfo>, String, Object) Method
Executes a SQL query and returns its result set as a collection of objects of a non-persistent type specified by the generic type parameter.
A list of XPMemberInfo objects representing classInfo members that are mapped to the query's result set columns. The order of list elements should correspond to the order of result set columns.
A String value that specifies an SQL query.
An array of objects specifying parameters to pass to the database server along with the query.
A collection of non-persistent objects of the specified type that are instantiated with data obtained via the specified SQL query.
This method performs the following:
- Executes the specified SQL query and obtains the query result as a result set.
- Creates objects of the specified type and instantiates them with the result set's data, based on the mapping information passed as the members parameter. Note that the GetObjectsFromQuery<T> method's generic type parameter should specify a non-persistent class decorated with a NonPersistentAttribute.
- Populates a collection with these objects.
The GetObjectsFromQuery<T> method throws an exception if the members array includes any of the following classInfo members:
- A property that is not defined within the T type.
- A struct type member.
- A reference to a class with a struct type member.
- A collection used in object relations.
To learn more about executing SQL queries in XPO and retrieving objects from query results, refer to Direct SQL Queries.