Remove the "This is a Trial Version" Splash Window
- 2 minutes to read
After you converted a Trial Version to a Licensed one, you can still get a message saying that you are using the Trial version. This article describes how to remove such a message.
Follow the steps below to update the license files in your project.
- Delete the
objdirectories in your project’s folder.
- From the Visual Studio Solution Explorer, locate the
licenses.licxfile in your project directories and clear it.
- Rebuild your project (the
Build | Rebuild Solutionmenu item).
- Open one of your forms that contains our components and modify it; for example, change its size.
- Save your project and rebuild it again.
- Reload Visual Studio.
For versions prior to v16.1.12 and v16.2.7, the issue can occur if your machine has the FIPS algorithm policy enforced:
If you develop with an older DevExpress build and the use of FIPS Algorithm Policy at the OS level is required, you can disable FIPS Algorithm Policy only for Visual Studio. Include the following code in your Visual Studio’s
devenv.exe.config file located in the Visual Studio’s
.*\Common7\IDE subfolder. This action does not affect the information security on your computer, but allows the project to use the standard licensing mechanism utilized in our libraries:
<configuration> <runtime> <enforceFIPSPolicy enabled="0" /> </runtime> </configuration>
Alternatively, you can proceed at the application level and modify the
enforceFIPSPolicy token similarly in the application’s configuration file. Take a look at the <enforceFIPSPolicy> Element article for more information.
You can also install a later version in which this problem was solved: 16.1.12+ and 16.2.7+.
ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC
For ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC applications, you can also clear “Temporary ASP.NET Files” directories. Use the DevExpress Temporary ASP.NET Files Clearer to clear the following “Temporary ASP.NET Files” directories (you can also clear these directories manually):
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- C:\Users\[your_user_name]\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
Follow these guides for details:
- ASP.NET Web Forms Controls - Installation and Update Issues
- ASP.NET MVC Extensions - Installation and Update Issues
You can find information on most common issues that may occur after you migrate to a newer version of DevExpress products here: DevExpress WinForms Troubleshooting - Upgrade Projects.