This suite includes the PDF Viewer Control (PdfViewerControl), which is used to display PDF documents in Universal Windows applications.
This document describes the main features of the PDF Viewer as well as its current limitations.
The PDF Viewer Control provides the following features.
- Text search, selection and copying
- Support for touch devices
- Zooming, scrolling and continuous page layout
The PDF Viewer supports the following document content.
- Vector graphics (including shapes)
- Embedded fonts (including TrueType, PostScript Type 1 and OpenType)
- CID fonts (TrueType and OpenType)
- File attachments
The current PDF Viewer does not implement the following functionalities, as each requires extensive development and testing to ensure compliance with the official PDF specification - for the same reason, it is not possible to estimate when they will be introduced.
- JPEG2000 and JBIG2 images
- Interactive forms
- CalRGB, CalGray, Pattern, Separation, DeviceN, ICC and Lab color spaces
- Type 3 fonts