- 2 minutes to read
You can use the Project Converter tool installed with DevExpress .NET components to update your projects when upgrading to a new version of DevExpress .NET components.
The Project Converter replaces references to outdated DevExpress assemblies in your projects with references to the most recent libraries. The following files are updated during the conversion process:
- project files (.csproj and .vbproj);
- resource files (.resx) for forms that were localized in the Visual Studio Form Designer;
- web application files (Web.config, .aspx, .ascx, .asax and .master);
- other files, including .cs, .vb, .xaml, .skin, .config, .config.xml, .licx, .svc, .refresh, .uitest, and .lsml.
- The Project Converter does not automatically substitute assemblies that are in your project's /Bin folder. To upgrade your /Bin folder, choose BUILD | Clean Solution in Visual Studio's main menu and rebuild the project.
- Before upgrading your project, review the Upgrade Notes document and Breaking Changes page.
- You can download the latest version of the corresponding localization resources using the Localization Service. You can also copy your existing translations and apply them to a different DevExpress assembly version.