Business Model Design with Entity Framework 6
- 2 minutes to read
This section describes the use of the Entity Framework 6 (EF) data model in XAF.
It is recommended that you first review the Business Model Design topic to learn when and why to choose EF6 as the data layer in your XAF application.
To learn how to install EF6, refer to the Get Entity Framework topic. Entity Framework 6 support in XAF is provided by the DevExpress.ExpressApp.EF.v20.1.dll assembly. The supported version of EF6 is 6.1.3. Higher versions are currently untested and may cause errors. To install version 6.1.3, run the following command in the Package Manager Console: "
PM> Install-Package EntityFramework -Version 6.1.3". If you use the Solution Wizard to create a EF6-based XAF solution, then EF6 is installed automatically by the wizard.
- Use the Entity Framework Data Model
- Relationships Between Entities
- Use Entity Framework 6 with an Existing Database
- How to: Apply Attributes to Entity Properties when Using Model First
- How to: Use Both Entity Framework and XPO in a Single Application
- How to: Use the Entity Framework Code First in XAF
- How to: Use the Entity Framework Data Model Located in an External Assembly
- How to: Recompile the Business Class Library
- How to: Supply Initial Data for the Entity Framework Data Model