Returns information about the View elements located at the specified point.
public LayoutViewHitInfo CalcHitInfo( Point pt )
Public Function CalcHitInfo( pt As Point ) As LayoutViewHitInfo
A Point structure specifying the test point coordinates relative to the grid control’s top-left corner.
A LayoutViewHitInfo object that contains information on the View elements located at the test point.
Use the CalcHitInfo method to determine which element is located at a specific point. For instance, this can be used when handling the View’s Click event to determine which element was clicked. In such instances, you will pass the current mouse pointer’s coordinates as the method’s parameter.
See Hit Information to learn more.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the CalcHitInfo member must not be invoked for these Views. The CalcHitInfo member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.