Returns an object that represents the row in a Grid data source.
public override object GetRow( int rowHandle )
Public Overrides Function GetRow( rowHandle As Integer ) As Object
An integer value representing the desired row handle.
An object representing a specific row.
This method’s return value depends on the data source type. If a data source is a DataTable or a DataView, this method returns a DataRowView object. If the data source is a custom list of items, the appropriate list item is returned.
For group rows, the GetRow function returns an object that represents the first data row in the associated group.
In Instant Feedback Mode, the GetRow method returns:
- a DevExpress.Data.NotLoadedObject object, if a row is not yet loaded;
- an object the GridControl uses to retrieve row values, if a row is ready.
To identify whether a row has been loaded, call the ColumnView.IsRowLoaded method.
It is recommended that you use the ColumnView.GetRowCellValue method to retrieve row values in Instant Feedback Mode.
See the Accessing Rows in Code. Row Handles section in the Rows topic for more information.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetRow member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetRow member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.