Updates the current View.
The LayoutChanged method recalculates all graphical information of the current View and redraws it. This method is automatically called when changes are applied to the View (for example, when changing row height, column width, etc). You may also call this method manually when the View needs to be updated. This can be useful if you implement custom behavior of the grid control or when you make changes to the data source and the data source doesn’t support automatic change notifications.
As implemented in the BaseView class, the LayoutChanged method raises the BaseView.Layout event. BaseView class descendants call the base class method and perform necessary View information recalculation and View repainting.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the LayoutChanged member must not be invoked for these Views. The LayoutChanged member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.