Hides the currently active editor discarding changes made.
The HideEditor method is used to switch the current View from edit to browse mode without saving changes made. This method is automatically called when a user presses the ESC key while editing. The HideEditor method can be useful when it is necessary to close the editor programmatically discarding all changes made.
As implemented in the BaseView class, the HideEditor method performs nothing. It is overridden in derived classes in order to implement proper functionality.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the HideEditor member must not be invoked for these Views. The HideEditor member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.