Returns an object representing a row specified by its handle.
public virtual object GetRow( int rowHandle )
Public Overridable Function GetRow( rowHandle As Integer ) As Object
An integer value representing the desired row handle.
An object representing a specific row.
As implemented in the BaseView class, the GetRow method returns null. This method is implemented in the BaseView class's descendants to return an object which represents a row in the underlying data source with the specified row handle. For instance, this method is overridden by the ColumnView class. See the ColumnView.GetRow method for more information.
In Instant Feedback Mode, the GetRow method returns the following.
- If a row has not been loaded, this method returns a DevExpress.Data.NotLoadedObject object.
- If a row has been loaded, this method returns an object used by the GridControl to retrieve row values. We suggest that you use the ColumnView.GetRowCellValue method to retrieve row values in Instant Feedback Mode.
To learn whether a row has been loaded, see ColumnView.IsRowLoaded.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetRow member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetRow member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.