Spell Checker for WinForms
- 2 minutes to read
The DevExpress WinForms Spell Checker enables you to add a Microsoft Office-style spell checker to your application. You can integrate the Spell Checker into most DevExpress text-aware controls and custom controls. The SpellChecker can check all text editor controls in a specified container, so you can integrate the spell checker functionality into complex forms with a single SpellChecker component in your application.
If you are new to the Spell Checker, we recommend that you first review the following introductory documents:
- Get Started with Spell Checker
- Check Spelling in Different Controls
- Task-Based Documentation (Examples)
The Spell Checker for WinForms supports the following dictionaries:
You can add multiple dictionaries to the spell checker’s dictionary collection or share dictionaries between multiple spell checkers.
- How to: Add Dictionaries at Runtime
- How to: Add Dictionaries from an Assembly Resource
- How to: Use the SharedDictionaryStorage Component
Customize Spell Check UI
You can customize or hide the following UI elements:
- Spelling Dialog
- This dialog is used to make corrections: select one of the suggested corrections to replace a misspelled word (either once or all occurrences), skip the word, ignore the word and all its further occurrences, or add the word to a custom dictionary.
- Spelling Options Dialog
- Allows users to adjust Spell Checker behavior (ignore words in upper case, mixed case, words that contain numbers, and so on), edit the custom dictionary, and change the language of the selected text to use the corresponding proofing dictionary.
- Context Menu
- The Spell Checker automatically adds its items to the context menu of TextEdit and MemoEdit controls and their descendants.