- 2 minutes to read
The Appearance mechanism lets you modify the appearance settings (background and foreground colors, gradient mode, font settings and text alignment) of controls. The Appearance mechanism is described in the Appearances document. This topic lists which properties you can use to customize the appearances of the controls and editors provided by the XtraEditors library.
For editors derived from the BaseEdit class appearance settings can be accessed via the following properties:
- RepositoryItem.Appearance. Specifies the editor’s appearance when it’s enabled;
- RepositoryItem.AppearanceDisabled. Specifies the editor’s appearance when it’s disabled;
- RepositoryItem.AppearanceFocused. Specifies the editor’s appearance when it’s focused;
- RepositoryItemPopupBase.AppearanceDropDown. Specifies appearance settings for the dropdown windows of popup editors.
- AppearanceDropDownHeader (supported by the LookUpEdit and DateEdit controls). Specifies the appearance settings with which the header region in the control dropdown is painted.
To provide common appearance settings for a group of controls the Style Controller component can be used.
Specific appearance settings are not in effect when the control is painted using the WindowsXP, Office2003 or Skin painting scheme. The current painting scheme is determined by the control’s LookAndFeel settings.