- 2 minutes to read
Snap for WinForms is currently in maintenance support mode. As such, no new features/capabilities will be incorporated into this product.
Snap is a WISYWIG report designer that allows users to create, modify and preview reports via familiar Microsoft Word - inspired interface. Snap supports a variety of document formats, including an original native document format that stores the layout without actual data.
Graphical User Interface
Snap ships with the following User Interface elements:
- Main Toolbar – contains all available document editing tools.
- Design surface – used to change the document layout and immediately view the result.
- Data Explorer panel – reflects the available data structure.
- Report Explorer – displays the document markup hierarchy.
- A number of Data Visualization tools used to display non-textual data: bar codes, images and sparklines.
Snap supports a variety of data source types: from SQL to Excel files. Use the Data Source Wizard to add data to your report. Manage data tables, filter incoming data and specify a custom SQL string in the Query Builder. The Master-Detail Relation Editor allows you to set the required relationship and build the master-detail report.
The mail merge feature allows you to generate a letter or personalize your report. It allows you to insert dynamic data (text, dates, images, etc.) into a static document template.
You can shape data inserted in the Snap document according to your requirements:
- Filter data at the design time or at the Data Source Level.
- Group report items by the value of any item and apply the required sort order.
- Format dynamic textual data.
- Parse third-party content.