Data adapter that provides data from a shapefile.
public class ShapefileDataAdapter : CoordinateSystemDataAdapterBase
Public Class ShapefileDataAdapter Inherits CoordinateSystemDataAdapterBase
Currently, the following shapefile element types are supported.
- PointZ (the Z value is ignored)
- PolylineZ (the Z value is ignored)
- PolygonZ (the Z value is ignored)
- MultipointZ (the Z value is ignored)
- PointM (the M value is ignored)
- PolylineM (the M value is ignored)
- PolygonM (the M value is ignored)
- MultipointM (the M value is ignored)
For more information about Shapefile element types, refer to the ERSI Shapefile Technical Description
For more information about this data adapter, refer to the Load Vector Data from a Shapefile topic.
To load a shapefile to the map do the following.
- Create a ShapefileDataAdapter object and assign it to the VectorLayer.Data property.
- Specify the ShapefileDataAdapter.FileUri property of the object.
A complete sample project is available at https://github.com/DevExpress-Examples/how-to-automatically-generate-bubble-chart-items-from-a-datasource-t180068.
<dxm:VectorLayer x:Name="mapLayer" ShapeFill="Gray"> <dxm:ShapefileDataAdapter FileUri="Data/Countries.shp"/> </dxm:VectorLayer>