NuGet Limitations and Troubleshooting
- 2 minutes to read
When you add DevExpress NuGet packages and their dependencies to a project manually, consider the following limitations.
- No design-time assemblies are provided.
- Runtime assemblies are provided starting with version 16.2.
- Limited Toolbox support. WPF controls for .NET Core are available in the Toolbox without design-time features. WinForms controls for .NET Framework are available in the Toolbox but cannot be dragged onto a form. The toolbox is not integrated into other platforms.
- The Assembly Deployment Tool does not detect NuGet references.
Old NuGet.exe version causes "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on send"
The DevExpress NuGet feed migrated to TLS 1.2. NuGet.exe supports this protocol starting with v3.4. However, VS2010, VS2012, and VS2013 use an older NuGet version which does not support TLS 1.2.
- For Windows 7, use the approach described at Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows.
For other OS versions, modify the following registry keys:
"Failed to fetch results from V2 feed at... Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found)" message when using the local DevExpress NuGet feed
Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2010 create the NuGet V2 feed : https://www.nuget.org/api/v2/. This feed prevents searching packages in a local feed.
Remove or disable the https://www.nuget.org/api/v2/ feed or use the NuGet V3 feed instead: https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json.