Configure on a Connected Azure DevOps Server
- Click the Azure DevOps logo to open the Projects page.
- Select your existing project and click the Pipelines icon.
- Create a new pipeline.
- Select your repository and click Continue.
- Select a template.
- Select the Hosted VS2017 default agent pool.
You can use a self-hosted build agent. The CodeRush Analyze task requires you install the Visual Studio Build Tools on a build agent. When installing Visual Studio Build Tools, make sure you select the ".NET Core build tools" item in a list of toolsets to be installed.
The Code Coverage feature requires installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.
- Select the Build solution task and click plus sign (+) on the Agent job 1 to add a new task after the Build solution task in the build pipeline.
- Add the CodeRush Analyze task after the Build solution task in the build pipeline.
- Leave the CodeRush Analyze task's configuration set to "Debug" (or set to another configuration that can be used to run unit tests).
- Assign the "debug" value to the BuildConfiguration option on the Variables tab.
- Select Save & queue to invoke the save dialog.
- Click Save & queue in the dialog to save the build pipeline and build the solution.
- You see a link to the new build on the top of the Pipelines page. Click the link to watch the new build as it happens.
- Click CodeRush to view analysis results on Dashboard, Tests, Coverage, and Diagnostics views after building the solution.