Splits the current string into two or three parts, depending on the current selection or cursor position:
- If nothing is selected, the string is split into two parts by the current cursor position.
- If a part of a string is selected, the string is split into three parts: to the left of the selection, inside the selection, to the right of the selection.
- when the cursor is somewhere within a string.
- when a part of a string is selected.
If the selection includes the first or the last symbol of a string, the refactoring is unavailable.
- This refactoring is the opposite of Concatenate Strings.
string str = "My test string";
Dim str As String = "My test string"
string str = "My te" + "st string";
Dim str As String = "My te" + "st string"