- 2 min to read
FrictionFree mode is an options scheme useful for users who want CodeRush Classic to leave standard Visual Studio behavior unchanged. The FrictionFree mode scheme disables the following.
- Code Metrics
- Comment Painter
- Duplicate Line
- Flow Break Evaluation
- Smart Parens and Brackets
- Smart Enter
- Smart Paste
Certain code issues are also disabled:
- Field can be made read-only
- Member can be static
- Redundant this qualifier
- Can initialize conditionally
- Delegate can be replaced with lambda expression
- Default branch is missing
- Can implement base type constructors
- Case statements do not explicitly handle all enum values
- Redundant field initialization
- Redundant delegate creation
- Fields should be disposed
- Property can be auto-implemented
- Redundant base constructor call
- Redundant base qualifier
- Undisposed local
- Can inline temporary variable
- Declaration can be a constant
- Can combine initialization with declaration
- Implicit variable can be used
In addition, FrictionFree mode changes the primary template expansion key from SPACE to TAB.
The simplest way to activate the FrictionFree mode is to choose the FrictionFree item from the appropriate combobox on the DXCore Visualize Toolbar.
If you want to enable or disable features in the FrictionFree mode, use the Settings Schemes options page or feature options page.
Note that you cannot delete the FrictionFree scheme, nor the Default.