A newer version of this page is available. Switch to the current version.
- 4 minutes to read
- Unbound Rows - it is possible to combine bound and unbound data modes. Just add unbound rows and supply data by using an event. End-users can edit the values within unbound rows and the changes can then be saved to a custom data source.
- Server-side Data Management - has been designed to work with large datasets (consisting of 50,000 records or more). Bound data is not loaded into memory in its entirety. Instead, ASPxVerticalGrid loads data in small portions on demand. When the grid starts, it loads and displays the first portion of data from a data store. Then, as an end-user scrolls the grid, when the last record of the loaded subset is reached, the grid requests the data store to return a subsequent data portion. (See demo: Large Database (Server Mode))
- Data Editors (text box, check editor, date editor, etc.) can be used as in-place within ASPxVerticalGrid.
- Batch Edit Mode - ASPxVerticalGrid allows end-users to modify a batch of grid data on the client side and send it to the server in a single request. (See demo: Batch Editing and Updating)
- Column Validation and Error Indication - ASPxVerticalGrid allows you to manually validate an edited column and display error icons for invalid fields.
Data Shaping and Manipulation
- Data Sorting - Allows your users to sort the data against an unlimited number of rows, giving them an unprecedented ability to analyze and edit information. (See demo: Sorting Data)
- Filtering Capabilities - ASPxVerticalGrid provides a powerful data filtering mechanism that allows end-users to easily filter columns using different UI elements, such as the integrated search panel, column headers or the built-in Filter Control. (See demos: Search Panel, Header Filter, Filter Control)
- Category Rows - allows your users to group rows in categories (category rows). (See demo: Categories)
- Fixed Row - allows you to anchor rows to the top edge. When fixed, rows are always displayed, and not scrolled vertically with the grid. (See demo: Fixed Rows)
- Multiple Record Selection – ASPxVerticalGrid supports multiple record selection mode. (See demo: Selection)
- Total Summary - allow you to present statistical information such as MIN, MAX, AVG, SUM, and COUNT calculated over all the columns in ASPxVerticalGrid and display that information in the grid itself. Additionally, you can handle summary specific events to implement complex functions with ease.
(See demo: Total Summary)
Focus and Navigation
- Built-in Pager - ASPxVerticalGrid automatically splits content across multiple pages and provides a built-in pager that enables end-users to navigate through data. (See demo: Pager Settings)
- Horizontal and Vertical Scrolling - ASPxVerticalGrid allows end-users to display more information in a smaller grid using vertical and horizontal scroll bars. (See demo: Scrolling)
- Appearances - A powerful mechanism to control the entire look and feel of the grid. You can customize the appearance of almost any visual element of ASPxVerticalGrid and even apply them conditionally to reflect certain states, such as errors. In addition, ASPxVerticalGrid ships with a number of predefined themes. These themes allow you to specify its appearance and behavior as your business needs dictate.
- Templates Technology - Templates are fully supported. For each element inside ASPxVerticalGrid, you can completely customize the appearance or layout using any HTML content. (See demo: Data Cell Template)
- Conditional Formatting - ASPxVerticalGrid provides a flexible mechanism to control conditional cell formatting. (See demo: Conditional Formatting)
- Full CSS Support - ASPxVerticalGrid appearance can be customized using CSS classes. If you need centralized control over the appearance of several controls or the entire site, then this approach is your best choice.
- Cross-Browser Compatibility - Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Apple Safari, etc. ASPxVerticalGrid is cross-browser compatible.
- Rich Client-Side Functionality - A comprehensive client-side API is available for ASPxVerticalGrid. This functionality, which is then coupled with the ability to handle events on the client side, allows you to have full control over the grid's behavior on the client side.
- Client-Side Events - ASPxVerticalGrid exposes a rich set of client-side events. These events are executed on the client side and have been engineered to maximize performance.
- Cookies Support - ASPxVerticalGrid control fully supports cookies, allowing your site's visitors to personalize pages as needed. If cookies are enabled, every possible end-user customization option is saved and then restored in future sessions.
- Export Overview - ASPxVerticalGrid allows you to export its data as a PDF, RTF, CSV, XLS, and XLSX. When the grid exports data in XLS and XLSX formats, the DevExpress Excel Export Engine maintains a data grouping layout and automatically transforms summary items to corresponding Excel functions. (See demo: Exporting to PDF, XLS, XLSX and RTF)
- SEO Support - ASPxVerticalGrid allows you to make its pager SEO-friendly.